How to Find Good Beauty Products

Hi everyone!

Every time I walk into Sephora I feel overwhelmed by the amount of products they have. How do we know what  actually works and is not harmful for us? So there is a website called EWG Skindeep Cosmetics Database (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/) that gives ratings on how safe a product is. The ratings range from 0 to 10, with zero being the safest. I always try to look for a product I want to try on this website first to see if it's safe for my skin. I always worry about what I put on my skin because I break out easily. However, there are many products that are not listed on this database mainly because thousands of new products come out every year so it's hard for them to update quickly. After searching for the product that I'm interested in on this database I look for how effective this product is on Beautypedia reviews (http://www.beautypedia.com/). This website contains reviews of the most popular cosmetics brands. Paula Begoun, the Cosmetics cop, is the person who reviews these products. I find these reviews really helpful. Using these two websites have saved me a lot of time, money, and strain on my skin. However, I don't rely on these websites 100%. If I absolutely want to try a product and the review from beautypedia.com says that its not good I would still buy it. For example, I went ahead and bought Boscia Smoothing Facial Polish even though beautypedia.com gave it a bad review. It has a low rating (good thing!) on Skindeep Cosmetics database so I wasn't worried about it being harmful to my skin. And I ended up loving the product so I think in the end it really depends on how badly you want to try a product. If I am only slightly interested in something and both websites give it a bad  review I would lean towards not buying the product at all.

I hope that was helpful for you guys. Let me know if you have any questions!

Sandy

Comments

Popular Posts